The Wakefield Heritage Organization is a non-profit organization located in Wakefield, Nebraska. All contributions to the organization are deductible for federal income, estate, and gift purposes.
WHO was organized in 2000 and designated a future museum to be located in the City of Wakefield in 2002 with the purpose of educating and instructing the public about the history and heritage of Wakefield, Nebraska, and the surrounding area.
The organization's mission includes:
- Collecting, preserving, and displaying objects relating to the City of Wakefield and the surrounding area
- Promoting research and education relating to Wakefield history
- Encouraging participation in preserving and maintaining local history
In carrying out the objectives and purposes of the Wakefield Heritage Organization as a corporation organized not for profit, it will remain exempt within the provisions of Section 501(c)(3), 26 U.S.C.A Internal Revenue Code.
The WHO Board of Directors:
- Jim Stout, President
- Randall Carlson, Vice President
- Mardell Holm, Secretary
- Nancy Fredrickson, Treasurer
- Eileen Petit, Parliamentarian
- Angie Blattert, Historian